When asked by our clients we need an experienced IT solution sales person, and we need them now! That is all the information that is initially forthcoming such is the busy nature of our clients, We always schedule a all later in the day when the client has more time, and has a more considered view on what they want from a solution sales person.
Over the last four years certain key skill sets invariably come to the fore. The most common amongst them and what we see most often on fully formed job specs are;
- Significant experience in n a B2b/B2G role within ICT or technology services
- Proven experience of managing and negotiating with multiple key stakeholders internal and external
- Ability to identify new opportunities and value propositions
- Delivering to tight deadlines with emphasis on planning and time management
- Lastly, capable of co ordinating high quality proposal documents and presentations demonstrating excellent written and verbal skillsets.
Other than these the thing that crops up time and again is the ability to listen and qualify, many salespeople fail at the first hurdle by not properly listening to clients, so we always look for candidates with an enquiring mindset as well as the five key skills that most clients want.